Question: Full Review vs Practice Tests + Follow Up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sandypeanut

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.
Simple question from a 29 year old nontrad. studying for the mcats this may, 3 months out. I've taken all the prereqs but am naturally very rusty (don't remember anything lol). I have the 2015 7 book kaplan set. Would you guys recommend doing a full read through of all the books (~2 months) and then doing 1 month of practice tests, or just straight full practice tests and then studying specifically the questions i don't know how to answer and their respective content?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello.
Simple question from a 29 year old nontrad. studying for the mcats this may, 3 months out. I've taken all the prereqs but am naturally very rusty (don't remember anything lol). I have the 2015 7 book kaplan set. Would you guys recommend doing a full read through of all the books (~2 months) and then doing 1 month of practice tests, or just straight full practice tests and then studying specifically the questions i don't know how to answer and their respective content?

Thanks!

The latter. The MCAT is unlike any other test and you want to focus on doing practice problems and passages. With that being said, you may quickly identify areas (like metabolic pathways) that you want to brush up on and review as needed.