Question on AMCAS Activities Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Justus07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm almost done with my AMCAS app, but the only thing that's keeping me from hitting that submit button is my activities section. I'm not sure how succinct I should make my descriptions. I know they give us like 1350 characters, but I'm not sure if the app reviewers would appreciate it if all my activities were filled up to the max (and I don't have that much to say with all my activities to such an extent).

The 15 activity limit... Do they WANT us to fill it up, or is that a trap?

Also, for honors, we shouldn't list something as generic as Dean's List, right? I'm guessing since this is the activities section, if I do list something that's an honor, it should be relevant to an activity rather than just grades?

Thanks for any reply you can give me!

Members don't see this ad.

For some of my activities, I just used about 200 characters. For the more important ones, I took up most of that 1350. So basically include what you think is important for the adcoms to know about each activity.

you don't have to fill up all 15.
honors can be any recognition you received, including Dean's List.
Some say not to include Dean's list whereas others include it. I say if you have 8+ activities without it then don't include it. You can always just put it on the end if it makes you feel better.

thank you both!!