Question on application... hours for research experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dapepsiman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,
I've been writing the application and I'm stuck. For research experience section, it states that I will have to write down the amount of hours I worked. However, I am not sure how many hours I have worked since I received 3 credits for it. On the position title, I indicated that I received academic credits for it.
So for 3 credits, how many hours should I put down as?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello folks,
I've been writing the application and I'm stuck. For research experience section, it states that I will have to write down the amount of hours I worked. However, I am not sure how many hours I have worked since I received 3 credits for it. On the position title, I indicated that I received academic credits for it.
So for 3 credits, how many hours should I put down as?

Thanks!

I had this problem too. What I did was just estimate a number for the hours I worked each week. And then I multiplied that by the number of weeks I worked. And in the end, it's not going to matter if you're a few hours off..I'm pretty sure that they know you can't write down an exact hours amount.

yea just estimate it.
But don't lie. My professor was contacted by one of the dental schools to confirm if I indeed work 2000 hours at his lab.

Fortunately for me, I did. : )

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, I just estimated how many hours I worked. At my school, for 3 units a quarter, we had to dedicate 9hrs of research per week. I did far more than that, but it's really up to you how much you put down. As long as your professor is cool with it, put as many as you'd like. The professor should assume you spent a decent amount in the lab if you've been with him for awhile.

I was the PI on a few of my projects leading to publications. I feel kind of funny estimating my hours. Maybe they will call me up to verify:laugh: Anyone else have this situation?