Question on Class Classification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NY_Med

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did research in my Biomechanics lab for three years, and they counted as credit. The first two years were very much just helping with data collection and some analysis, working with the subjects, etc. So I figured this fits more into the "health science" category. However my third year I worked on a manuscript, breaking down literature, poster presentations, a publication, etc. at my school. It is basically physics as I used SPSS and ran statistics on power output, work done per second, and other kinematic concepts.

The "course title" changed on my transcript every semester I took it, however the number for the course stayed the same (499). So can I put the first two years as health science (as it was just working with patients, with some data analysis and application of physical concepts), and my third year as physics since it was MUCH more science oriented? Or should I commit the every semester too one or the other?

The class was very much just a regurgitation of Physics 1, so I definitely would classify it as a physics over health science, and the research used all the concepts from class... for all three years, but more emphasis was put on it my third year I would say.

Thanks you!

Members don't see this ad.

here for us to give an opinion
OHHHH okay! Thanks!

420- Biomechanics (the lecture class)
- "Focuses on the observation, analysis, and description of movement skills. Includes quantitative and qualitative analyses; descriptive systems; the applications of basic laws and principles of physics; and applications to basic movements, sport training, and technique"

499- Res Applied Biomechanics- on transcript (but according to school course catalog it is called just "independent study")
- "To be defined in consultation with the instructor-sponsor and in accordance with the procedures of the Office of Academic Advisement prior to registration"

So as you can probably tell, the description for the 499 independent study is pretty useless hahaha