Question on Dental School Selection Procedures?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dual Citizen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how dental schools selected applicants for interviews. Do they:

1) look at the early applicants, select the best, then offer them first interviews. Second and third interviews are then offered to later applicants.

or

2) look at all the applicants, chose the best for first interviews, and then go back to the same pile for second and third interviews.

I ask because my application to the University of Iowa was deferred. Does this mean that they will consider it again for second and third round interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

The only thing that is more secretive than the exact methodology of ds admissions is Area 51.

doc toothache, who are you?

Members don't see this ad :)
he is batman

LOL.

He's quite the character but so is everyone else here...

I was wondering how dental schools selected applicants for interviews. Do they:

1) look at the early applicants, select the best, then offer them first interviews. Second and third interviews are then offered to later applicants.

or

2) look at all the applicants, chose the best for first interviews, and then go back to the same pile for second and third interviews.

I ask because my application to the University of Iowa was deferred. Does this mean that they will consider it again for second and third round interviews?

I've got a question too, such as why would anyone besides an adcom member know the answer to this?

I have a feeling that doc toothache is The Hammer.

This dude:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=739665

The Jekyll and Hyde of SDN.

No way Mr. Polar Bear! doc toothache gets in and gets out while the hammer likes to talk :)