Question on ERAS Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CavsFan2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying for residency in diagnostic radiology this fall and have been filling out all of my previous research experiences on ERAS. I had a tenuous relationship with one of my PIs I worked with on a project in college (6 years ago) and am hesitant when writing the PDs name as the 'supervisor' for the project. Unfortunately, there isn't an alternative name I can write down for the project. Does anyone know if programs will contact that individual if I list it on ERAS? Or is it so long ago that it won't matter. No contact information is included on ERAS under her name.

Thanks so much

Members don't see this ad.

It's likely so long ago that it doesn't matter. I am fairly certain most programs do not contact PIs for previous research experience... there just isnt enough time to do all that work for every qualified candidate. The only exception I can see is if the person reviewing your application happens to be good friends with whoever you listed and reaches out on their own accord... which is theoretically possible but highly unlikely.

Reactions: 1 user