question on going to DOM REp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent29

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
being that my science GPA is not so hot, i was wanting to go to Dominican republic and go to their dental program at UCE. can you guys tell me how is the school overall?? has anyone actually gotten accepted to a dental school in the US. after finishing a dental degree at UCE?? How hard is their Dental program?? :D

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you I would think long and hard about going to the Dominican Republic. The schools there have a bad(and in some cases very bad) reputation. Have you noticed that no one mentions those schools in these forums? now why is that? :idea:

I would suggest applying to dental school in Puerto Rico. It is fully accredited (ADA) and it leaves a few seats specifically for US residents. The same goes for two of the three fully accredited med schools on the island. the third one is a state school and only accepts island residents.
Just an idea

Dr. Who
Maybe not many people comment because not many people ask....look at value med, lots of posts there.....
Dr Who said:
If I were you I would think long and hard about going to the Dominican Republic. The schools there have a bad(and in some cases very bad) reputation. Have you noticed that no one mentions those schools in these forums? now why is that? :idea:

I would suggest applying to dental school in Puerto Rico. It is fully accredited (ADA) and it leaves a few seats specifically for US residents. The same goes for two of the three fully accredited med schools on the island. the third one is a state school and only accepts island residents.
Just an idea

Dr Who said:

Just an idea

I would not say that one can judge schools by country. The U.S. may be home to some horrible colleges, but then there's Harvard and Cornell and such.

I have read about lots of schools on ValueMD, and heard pretty good things about some, particularly UNIBE, which has an English program, and I think UCE...