Question on harvard extension

Started by willeh21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

willeh21

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,
I have been looking into the program a lot and I wanted to ask a question for those of you that are more knowledgeable of it. I have already finished my bachelors and have been working for almost a year now as a scribe (I'm actually a scribe manager). I finished with a 3.5 GPA, but didn't score so well on my MCAT. My school also offers a committee letter, but I never really found it helpful to go to my teacher's office so getting letters of recommendation from them has not been an easy feat. All in all, I feel that my application would not be the strongest at the point and I'm not willing to go to a caribbean school.

Regardless, I was thinking of applying for the HES program since it's been my lifelong dream to go to Harvard. Would I be someone they would accept into the HES program? If so, would this increase my chances of getting into Harvard med if I do well? Do you guys know of anyone in a situation similar to mine?

Thanks!