Question on Holding 2 Acceptances after April 30th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SliceofBread

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know how the Plan-To-Enroll guidelines work with waitlist acceptances? I'm in a situation where I have received 1 acceptance several months ago, which I have marked as PTE in Amcas, with a Commit-To-Enroll deadline in late June. After April 30th, I got off a waitlist at a different school (with a CTE date in late June as well). This second school says that signing the acceptance letter is non-binding, but that they want me to sign it by the end of the week. I'm in a situation where I really want to see the full financial aid offers before I decide, but both schools have stated it won't be ready for at least another month. Am I able to sign the second school's letter and hold both acceptances until I get financial aid decision (since 1 acceptance came off the waitlist after 4/30), or do I have to withdraw from one? After calling AMCAS they stated after 4/30 to follow school-specific policies, but I haven't gotten much information from either one yet. Has anybody been in a similar situation? Thanks!
 
No one has been in this situation with OB3 enforcement changing the financial aid rules. The rules were finalized this week, and now all the financial aid programs must make their calls on whatever FAFSA information they have received.

Read

I would urge you to make a decision soon. It sucks that you have to decide without all data points, but that's also life and medicine. You must hold only one offer now.