question on PCAT?

Started by pv214
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pv214

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi,

I'm studying and taking PCAT on jan 22nd,

on Biology section----are there lots of question on plants vs animal kingdom?

Chemistry-------- do we have to remember all the formula to for calculation such as question about calculating heat/energy, spectrum?

I got all A for orgo and general chemistry.....but I didn't do well in Bio....I graduated from college three years ago with a degree in Marketing...I'm getting so old 🙁...and now I want to do pharmacy school....my undergraduated GPA wasn't all that great, and my science GPA is considered okay...(3.4)....I'm so nervous about this whole thing, I just want to get into any pharmacy school that would take me....

I've read and most pple here scored like 90%+.....are you guys just really smart or the tests aren't as hard....I study from KAPLAN book and also my bf teaches MCAT for KAPLAN, he helps me with any questions I have....I have never taken the PCAT before, and Im so nervous........ any feed-back is greatly appreciated!
 
I think that if you got an A in ochem you'll do fine on the chemistry section of the pcat. You should know the formula that lets you find the number of Carbons & Hydrogens in alkanes, alkenes, and alkynes. I took the test in Oct and than again in Nov. Biology was pretty general, with some genetic and microbio questions thrown in. I thought I failed the first time I took the test, but I ended up getting an 89% composite. Second time I got a 95. Good luck on your test!
 
Hi, i had a similar question regarding the formulas. I was just going over the math part of the Kaplan, and they give you all the formulas for cones, cylinders, etc. Do we really need to know all these? I can understand circles and squares, but do they expect us to know the formulas of all the shapes? Rhombus etc...?
 
Avicenna04 said:
Hi, i had a similar question regarding the formulas. I was just going over the math part of the Kaplan, and they give you all the formulas for cones, cylinders, etc. Do we really need to know all these? I can understand circles and squares, but do they expect us to know the formulas of all the shapes? Rhombus etc...?

I seem to recall the need for the formula for a cone, but I can not recall any others besides circle and square.