Question on statistics prereqs

Started by Spintix357
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Spintix357

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took introduction to statistics course awhile ago and I am now wondering if this is considered an appropriate course to fulfill the prereq for most PT programs. Can anyone confirm this for me. thank you for your time.
 
I would say check with the colleges you're applying to. In this instance, I feel like this would be comparable to an intro to chem 1 class instead of general chem 1. I'm tempted to say it may not be considered the right pre-req, but maybe some schools will be more lenient and accept it? I'd still check or even possibly plan taking statistics just in case.
 
I have not seen a school where introductory to statistics would not fill it's requirement. It's usually the same as biostats, social science stats and every other general statistics course.