Question on submitting information to PTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zbaxter

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I plan on taking the GRE in about a month and was curious, after taking it, do I have to wait until I receive the scores to input them into PTCAS then send them off to my schools? Or once I take it can I just arrange to have the scores sent to the different institutions without even knowing what I scored on it myself?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I believe right after you finish the Gre you have an option to see your score immediately after the test, and have the option to send those scores to 4 different schools right away for free. If you do not, and you choose to send your scores later, you're going to have to pay 27$ per school you send them to.

I'm taking the Gre for the first time in a week, so this is just based off what I've read

Like Abudara said, immediately after taking the test you will see your scores - but only your quant and verbal scores, as someone has to read and score your AWA section and that takes about 10 days. When you finish, you can send your scores to 4 schools for free - I chose to do this after seeing and being happy with my Q & V sections and just hoped that my AWA was good enough.

You can put your Q & V scores into PTCAS immediately but will have to wait for AWA, and schools only go off of your official scores that you have sent to their PTCAS codes anyway, so putting your scores in before they receive the official scores doesn't really do anything.

Also...most schools have a PTCAS code that you send the GRE scores to. You need to look on the school's individual ptcas page to find out where to send the scores. A lot of schools don't want you to send them directly TO the school, but instead to PTCAS through the school's specific code. I hope this makes sense.