Question on test taking during real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

You

Carpe Diem!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone who already took the real exam, please help us by answer the questions below.

1) Do they let you go back to previous questions?

2) Do they have something on the computer for you to mark your unsure question so you can review/revise it later?

3) Since you can't elimiminate with pencil, do they have a button for you to cross out so you can review it later?

4) Does it SAVE right away or there is final submit button near the end?

5) Is there a timer or clock counter on the computer screen?

6) Do they have calculator (calc.exe) or any equivalent button for you to use?

7) Do they pass out a sheet for periodic table or have a button for you to click when need to invoke it?

8) Are the Kap or Achiever computer version just like the real exam?

Members don't see this ad.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. You can submit your answers before time runs out if you'd like, but they are submitted automatically once time is up.
5. Yes
6. No
7. You click a button to view the periodic table
8. The Kaplan computer practice tests are just about the same format as the actual test. I didn't use the achiever tests, so I'm not sure about them.

Thanks SRW26.

9) Do we have to spend extra time clicking NEXT after we chose the answer or it will automatically jump to the next question?

10) How far can you go back to change revise the answer? Can you jump back to previous questions like while taking the Nat Sci part and want to go back and change

11) Is it still given like printed Kaplan book sequence order? PAT, NatSci, break, Reading stuff, QA?

I guess, I'll just let it autosubmit for me since I need all the time I can get. Is that what you did?

So how did you deal with the elimination over computer screen?

9. Yes, I think you have to hit 'next'
10. You can only change answers in the section you are currently taking, you can't change any answers once time is up or go back to previous sections.
11. The order of the sections is: Natural Science (bio, g chem, o chem), PAT, break, Reading Comp, QR.

Yes, I just let the sections auto-submit. I spent any extra time I had left on sections I finished early reviewing answers and "relaxing", lol :)

You can use your scratch paper to keep track of answers you've eliminated, if you wish.