Question on TWU's DPT Program Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Romazicon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning, afternoon, evening, or goodnight. Whatever time you're reading this :p

I'm wondering who else has applied to TWU for early decision (or has already and is in the program). I applied before the Sept. 1 Deadline and now my Application is being reviewed. I'm just wondering what my chances are to get accepted and if any of you guys have had any similar experience.

I also applied to UT Southwestern (missed early decision deadline) and UNT (Oct. 15 early deadline) both of which have been completed.

My Stats
University: UT Arlington
Major: Kinesiology (Clinical Health Professions Track)
Overall GPA: 4.00
Pre-Req GPA: 4.00
GRE: Q157 V145 Writing 4.0 I studied for 4 days. I should've studied more. But early decision deadline was closing in for TWU :( I took it Aug 10, 2014 and scores were sent Aug 20 Pheww..
Volunteer/ Observation Hours: 400 Outpatient Orthopedics. 42 In-Patient LTAC. 20 Pediatrics (Sports)
I also had a 135-hour internship at a Cardiopulmonary Rehab Clinic during the summer.

Feel free to post anything relating to other DPT programs and your experience :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Good morning, afternoon, evening, or goodnight. Whatever time you're reading this :p

I'm wondering who else has applied to TWU for early decision (or has already and is in the program). I applied before the Sept. 1 Deadline and now my Application is being reviewed. I'm just wondering what my chances are to get accepted and if any of you guys have had any similar experience.

I also applied to UT Southwestern (missed early decision deadline) and UNT (Oct. 15 early deadline) both of which have been completed.

My Stats
GRE: Q157 V145 Writing 4.0 I studied for 4 days. I should've studied more. But early decision deadline was closing in for TWU :( I took it Aug 10, 2014 and scores were sent Aug 20 Pheww..
Volunteer/ Observation Hours: 400 Outpatient Orthopedics. 42 In-Patient LTAC. 20 Pediatrics (Sports)

Feel free to post anything relating to other DPT programs and your experience :)

Last year the TWU early-acceptance cut-off was a 4.5 on the writing portion. It might change this year..but I would doubt it. They will still consider your applications for the regular cycle though.

Best of luck, you should at least get 1 acceptance from a school.

Last year the TWU early-acceptance cut-off was a 4.5 on the writing portion. It might change this year..but I would doubt it. They will still consider your applications for the regular cycle though.

Best of luck, you should at least get 1 acceptance from a school.
Thank you for the post. Yeah, I'm hoping they take into consideration that I was born in Mexico and being a Spanish speaker, it was hard for me to make a "good" score on the GRE :// But I don't know.

My Stats
I also had a 135-hour internship at a Cardiopulmonary Rehab Clinic during the summer.

These are the requirements to be accepted by TWU early (this was for last year's cycle):
- Math/Science GPA of 3.6 or higher (Chemistry, Physics, A&P and Algebra)
- Last 60 hours GPA of 3.7 or higher
- Verbal GRE of 154
- Quantitative GRE of 154
- Written GRE score 4.5 or above
- At least 1 “accept without reservation” recommendation from a PT
- No more than 3 course prerequisites missing at time of application

Because your verbal and writing scores are lower than the requirements, you will not be accepted early but you will be moved to the normal round of applications. I had the similar thing happen to me because of my GRE scores (149 V, 155 Q, 3.5 AW). However, I can 90% guarantee that you will be accepted in through normal admissions. Please do not panic. From what I've heard, TWU does acceptances by a point system and since your GPA is high there's a good chance you'll get in.

I am currently a grad 1 at the Houston campus, and if you have any questions feel free to message me :)

Last edited: