question...plz help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nonameremains

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finally submitted my app last week...but aacomas is acting like I don't exist. I went to do an application status check but it won't recongnize my username and password. this is what it says "Access is denied. Use your correct username and password to login again." Some of you might be thinking I typed in my username or password wrong but I've tried a gazillion times. Am I suppose to wait 3-4 weeks until they process it to do the application status check? ahhh! I'm going out of my mind. what do I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry it takes about a couple of weeks for it to go up (mine did at least). However, once it does go up, good luck in finding your transcripts.. F*(&)#$( (I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT MY TRANSCRIPT HAS BEEN MAILED over 3 weeks AGO yet they don't have it on file!?) WTF is the deal?!?! I paid lots of money for this..hope they get it right or i'm calling ASAP.

i guess i'll wait another week.

about the transcripts..ouch...hope that doesn't happen to me. wow..aacomas is really disorganized!

Members don't see this ad :)
their lack of organization seems to be pretty consistant according to the forums here. I think that they ought to be ashamed of themselves for taking money and not doing the best job possible, well at least doing the job in a timely manner!! I know when they receive all those apps, they're probably swamped, so I guess we can go easy on them for a while. :rolleyes:

PS: did you check to see if the system is case sensitive? for instance, did you confirm your username and password with capital letters or lowercase letters? I guess its worth a try to find out what the heck is going on!!

Don't be afraid to call AACOMAS. I called four or five times last month when I was waiting.

yeah, it took forever to get access to the "check your status" site for me too. then, once i got in, it showed that my transcripts had not been received. try e-mailing AACOM. i did that through the "contact us" icon. asked what was up with my transcripts (also sent over 3 weeks ago). never got a reply e-mail, but within the day my transcripts had been received (or at least one of them; apparently they are still waiting still waiting on transcripts from another school).

k

I'm in the same boat with the transcript thing. Man I can't wait til my app is out of their hands!!!

Funny how things change. When I was going through the application process, everyone was swearing at AMCAS and loving AACOMAS. Must be getting busier...

nonameremains said:
I finally submitted my app last week...but aacomas is acting like I don't exist. I went to do an application status check but it won't recongnize my username and password. this is what it says "Access is denied. Use your correct username and password to login again." Some of you might be thinking I typed in my username or password wrong but I've tried a gazillion times. Am I suppose to wait 3-4 weeks until they process it to do the application status check? ahhh! I'm going out of my mind. what do I do?

Non, I hope this reaches you in time and you are not already in the garage with the car on. There is a series of numbers on the bottom of the AACOMAS webpage which if entered in the correct order will allow you to speak to someone in the AACOMAS office. Good luck. Sorry to be rude, but that is funny. ;)

Doc 2b said:
Non, I hope this reaches you in time and you are not already in the garage with the car on. There is a series of numbers on the bottom of the AACOMAS webpage which if entered in the correct order will allow you to speak to someone in the AACOMAS office. Good luck. Sorry to be rude, but that is funny. ;)

no offense taken...actually I was just about to grab my keys but wait maybe I should call and find out first...thanks u saved my life..for now. :laugh:

nonameremains said:

Don't worry, AACOMAS takes forever to update their site. This exactly happened to my friend but eventually he was able to access his app online. I was lucky and AACOMAS processed my app in three weeks. Also, they like to take their time with the transcripts. They received mine in a week but didn't update my status until two weeks later. Bottom line, just sit back and relax. If you like, you could also give them a call. Good luck.

I'm not sure if anyone's posted on this topic yet, but I'll tell you what I know about AACOMAS.
My advisor is really good friends with Robert Ruiz who was the big man in charge at AACOMAS (he is soooo nice) and I guess he got offered a job somewhere else and took it. He left right as applications started to come in, so I think AACOMAS is just a little disorganized because they lost such a great leader. Oh well.. we'll all make it through this! Be persistant. I submitted June 9th and wasn't verified until July 1st