Question RE: Retakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted92121

Very quick question.

Took Bio II the first time, got a B . . . works for me

Go back to main university, they tell me I need to take it there as they won't accept the one I did take (this is what my advisor tells me).

Three weeks in, my advisor is fired for giving wrong info to students and screwing up their classes and whatnot. I attempt to withdrawal since I don't need it and can focus on other classes. Prof goes out of town and won't honor the request to W. End up with an F for the semester b/c of this big ol mess.

Now, for the application, which grade do they take?

dxu

Members don't see this ad.

The F.

Wow, I'm sorry for you--that sucks. You might be able to appeal to your dean/school and get the F removed. But, as it stands, AACOMAS takes your most recent attempt at a class.

The F.

Wow, I'm sorry for you--that sucks. You might be able to appeal to your dean/school and get the F removed. But, as it stands, AACOMAS takes your most recent attempt at a class.

Agree with CB. Appeal this with the school and don't let them tell you otherwise.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely appeal! If that doesn't work, you will have to retake it.

My advisor was an idiot as well so I understand the frustration. I gave up going to her once I found SDN!

Tried appealing and whatnot. Went to the top. Didn't work. I truly dislike the branch campus of the university I was attending (Hail to Pitt).

Well looks like I will retake it. At least I can get an A this time around and it will boost my GPA. Trying to be positive...

thanks,
dxu