the great one
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2006
Pittsburgh
Status
Pre-Medical
Very quick question.

Took Bio II the first time, got a B . . . works for me

Go back to main university, they tell me I need to take it there as they won't accept the one I did take (this is what my advisor tells me).

Three weeks in, my advisor is fired for giving wrong info to students and screwing up their classes and whatnot. I attempt to withdrawal since I don't need it and can focus on other classes. Prof goes out of town and won't honor the request to W. End up with an F for the semester b/c of this big ol mess.

Now, for the application, which grade do they take?

dxu

Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
The Only Place I Wanna Be
Status
The F.

Wow, I'm sorry for you--that sucks. You might be able to appeal to your dean/school and get the F removed. But, as it stands, AACOMAS takes your most recent attempt at a class.

m015094

10+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2007
Status
The F.

Wow, I'm sorry for you--that sucks. You might be able to appeal to your dean/school and get the F removed. But, as it stands, AACOMAS takes your most recent attempt at a class.
Agree with CB. Appeal this with the school and don't let them tell you otherwise.

About the Ads

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Definitely appeal! If that doesn't work, you will have to retake it.

My advisor was an idiot as well so I understand the frustration. I gave up going to her once I found SDN!

dxu

the great one
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2006
Pittsburgh
Status
Pre-Medical
Tried appealing and whatnot. Went to the top. Didn't work. I truly dislike the branch campus of the university I was attending (Hail to Pitt).

Well looks like I will retake it. At least I can get an A this time around and it will boost my GPA. Trying to be positive...

thanks,
dxu

About the Ads