Question regarding additional LoR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danthenub

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there.
I finished submitting my Application and with it I sent 4 electronic letter of recommendations. Only one of those 4 are from a science professor and it appears as though multiple schools want atleast two letters of rec. from science professors. Should I wait for schools to contact me and request an additional letter of rec. from one of my professors or should I just go right ahead and send a 5th to all of the schools I applied too.

Thanks for any feedback.

-Daniel

Members don't see this ad.

Send it now to the schools! MOst will likely not even contact you unless you are some stellar applicant. They may just remove you from consideration because you did not meet the requirements listed on their websites. In addition to the usps mailed lor, send them an email informing the office of admissions that you have sent this letter to meet the requirement. And ask them to match it with your app.

Send it now to the schools! MOst will likely not even contact you unless you are some stellar applicant. They may just remove you from consideration because you did not meet the requirements listed on their websites. In addition to the usps mailed lor, send them an email informing the office of admissions that you have sent this letter to meet the requirement. And ask them to match it with your app.

Exactly, you'd need to be pro-active here.