question regarding classification of courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RUpremed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

so i'm looking to take a bunch of BS science courses to boost my BCP gpa. 2 of the courses are titled "biomedical issues" and "ethics in biochemistry", and they are under the headings of biological sciences and biochemistry, respectively. Will these courses still count towards my BCP gpa?

Members don't see this ad.

You might try asking your adviser. Seeing as no one here could really judge/know about the content of the courses, you won't exactly get the best advice possible. But to be honest, they sound a little far on the humanities side to be included in your BCP.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys,

so i'm looking to take a bunch of BS science courses to boost my BCP gpa. 2 of the courses are titled "biomedical issues" and "ethics in biochemistry", and they are under the headings of biological sciences and biochemistry, respectively. Will these courses still count towards my BCP gpa?

It depends on the direction the course takes (is it a debate/discussion class) and what schools you are going to apply to (some schools will take any class with a biochemistry in the title as a BCP). Now take this with a grain of salt because I'm applying through a different application than most would otherwise use but issues and ethics courses (even if they are biomedically related) are sometimes not counted towards your science gpa.

hi guys,

Yes, yes and yes! AADSAS only cares about the course prefix. They don't care about the course content at all. I didn't take these easy classes and now I am regretting it.

how sure are you about this?

so i just called the AADSAS and they said that they would count towards the BCP gpa. interesting...

and apparently ecology courses count towards the BCP gpa as well