Question regarding extracurriculars..please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snooz3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.. i'm currently doing my prereqs and had a question regarding volunteering and community service experience.

my question is how should I keep track of all the services I do? Should I get some sort of letter from each place? Basically, I want to know how the schools verify whether you actually did the volunteer or not. I have not gone through the application process but want to be prepared and not have them ask me for some sort of proof when it's too late.

thanks for all the help guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Good question, I always figured they just take your word for it, but if they need proof you can always provide phone #'s. I don't know if letters would be necessary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Document Document Document.

If for no other reason documentation will jog your memory of your experiences when filling out pharmcas or writing a personal statement or preparing for an interview.

They do check once in a while. There's a reason why you list contact info on the application...
As long as you have a supervisor who can confirm you, you'll be fine.
Some places actually require you to sign in and out... so that's all taken care of :) The point is, don't stress over it (especially if you've been working there for a while).

Actually in the PharmCAS, the only contacts you need to provide are for your references. I guess they just expect you to follow the honor code and not falsify anything. So basically, you don't necessarily need proof, but don't lie either!