Question regarding LOR from a Pharmacist and PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

socalpharm86

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I have a half sister and her sister is an established pharmacist. We are not related by blood and I have never lived with her. I've also never worked under her or with her, but she has given me guidance and advice throughout the years regarding pharmacy school. Would she be a good candidate for writing an LOR for me?

One more question, I'm applying to MWU-CPG for fall 2010. From what I gather MWU-CPG does rolling admissions. I am very close to submitting my application, however I have not yet taken the pcats. I can either take it in August or on october 17th. I'm sure I'd do a lot better on the October exam since I have a hectic summer session now, but would my chances be lowered due to taking the PCAT in Oct as opposed to the August PCAT even though my pharmcas will be submitted before the end of August?

Considering my stats. I'm at cummulative 3.3 and Science at 3.4. For rolling schools, is it possible they decline applications before receiving PCATssszszszsz?

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Hi guys, I have a half sister and her sister is an established pharmacist. We are not related by blood and I have never lived with her. I've also never worked under her or with her, but she has given me guidance and advice throughout the years regarding pharmacy school. Would she be a good candidate for writing an LOR for me?

Absolutely. If she knows you well and will highly recommend you then you should get all over that. (the LOR)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good call, I completely neglected the multi-phasic personality disorder possibility.

People do it a lot with GRE also. "I gotta get ready to take my gee arr ees."

sigh.

Haha. Actually, now that you mention it...I don't think I've ever heard anybody mention the GRE correctly. You're right, it's always gee arr eez.