Quantcast

Question regarding LOR's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MADD!!!

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDNer's

Ok so when first applying, I thought I would need about 4 or 5 LOR's even though most osteopathic medical school's say they want 2 or 3 (Being 1 letter from an MD/DO and 1 or 2 from science faculty). Question is, should I be submitting more than the minimum to help my chances? Or would it not really make a difference?
@Goro thoughts?

MADD!!!

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
@Goro so better to submit only what is asked as opposed to extra? The directions usually say that they have a minimum of 2 or 3, but they are willing to accept more (usually up to 5 or 6).

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Submit what you think will be the best LORs, but do have pity on the people who have to read them. Quantity -/=/- quality.

@Goro so better to submit only what is asked as opposed to extra? The directions usually say that they have a minimum of 2 or 3, but they are willing to accept more (usually up to 5 or 6).

kamakazi5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Submit what you think will be the best LORs, but do have pity on the people who have to read them. Quantity -/=/- quality.

Slightly off topic but what is your least favorite part of admissions? I would think reading a million LORs has to be up there.