Question regarding low grades

Started by samwY
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

samwY

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just curious, how many letter grade of C's and retakes did you guys have in your records when you applied and got accepted/declined to Optometry school? This only goes for science pre-requisite courses.

So far I have one C and two B's...just need a good idea.
 
I got in and I had more C's and B's than you in one semester, than you have total. You have nothing to worry about.
 
Do not fear young lad. I FAILED organic chemistry once and still made a 330 in organic on the OAT. I also made my fair share of C's in my major (Biology) and got my B.S. with a 2.9GPA and was still accepted at the PCO. Just keep trying, never give up, and be happy about yourself and your accomplishments in your interview 😎
 
Yah.. I took 3 organic chem (Org 1 Org 2 and Advanced Org) i got C- B- and C Respectively. As long as you show them that you aren't bad at everything, I think it's okay. I worked hard and got 380 in o-chem. When I talked to the Admission counsellor,they said it's fine.

Cheerz,

Katalio