Question regarding neonatology fellowship LORs

Started by erure
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

erure

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

For people who have applied in the past, did you have LORs only from neonatologists or from attendings in other subspecialties of pediatrics? I have enough letters from neonatology attendings and my program director, but a friend had mentioned that it would be good to have letters from other subspecialties (e.g. hospitalist attendings, PICU attendings, outpatient pediatrics attendings) too so I wanted to ask. Thank you!
 
I think a letter from a non-neonatologist would be helpful. I think PICU, cards, hospitalist would be best but you should pick someone who can write a good letter. I had 2 neos, PD (PICU), and cardiology. Best of luck.
 
Thank you for the replies! I have one unrelated question. I am still getting together all the documents for my application and I was wondering how detrimental it is to not have all the supporting documents turned in on July 20 when programs can view your application. I'm hoping it will all come together this week but I just want to brace myself for the situation where it does not happen (e.g. takes an extra day or two, a week at the most). Thank you in advance.