Question REGARDING Ny Mpje!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dandilyn12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a California pharmacist movng to New York. Does anyone know what book or textbook most ppl use to study for the NY MPJE????? I"ve heard of guide to federal law by Weiss, but anything out there geard towards New YOrk state law????????????

Thanks!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

just assume the answer is no. ny is one of the most restricted states when it comes to laws and scopes for pharmacists.

Hi, I studied and worked in NY pharmacy for a long time, recent graduate.
I would say that the best thing to do is to contact Dr. Cutie from Long Island University. He gives a a review course and very good notes for both Naplex and NY law. Other than that I would say contact the NY state board to get the comprehensive law review. Hope that helps, Good luck. :thumbup:

I would say that the best thing to do is to contact Dr. Cutie from Long Island University. He gives a a review course and very good notes for both Naplex and NY law. Other than that I would say contact the NY state board to get the comprehensive law review. Hope that helps, Good luck. :thumbup:

Yes, I agree with this advice. I plan to do the Dr. Cutie review as well. His website is available here: http://www.pharmacyboardreview.com/index.htm for registration, schedule, fees, etc. You can also order just the lecture notes if you are unable to attend the classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Memorize everything and then some; I thought it was very tricky and no review material prepared me enough-in fact the material I bought for $125 actually hurt me for one question plus it wasn't very organized and in several different (books) and being a pharmacist and practicing in other states doesn't help much either.