question regarding online courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lostone

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would taking one online course in college look for dental school? would it look bad on my resume? (not a science course but some random class) Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I took several online electives and they boosted my GPA. I was not asked about them during my interviews, and I don't think AADSAS even noted them as 'online courses' so they had no idea my history series, medical terminology, or 'internet browsing' were all online, but it all helped the GPA

I've taken online courses and one cannot tell if they have been taken online or the traditional lecture when looking at the transcript.

I thought the onlie sociology and history might be easier... I was extremely mistaken- I have never writen so much in my life for any class (except for physical chemistry lab)...

Members don't see this ad :)
It doesnt say that you took it online? Was it through your school or a different school? I want to take physics II next semester but dont have credit room at my school so I was thinking of doing the lecture online. Any one know any info bout this?

I did the classes through my university so it was not a seperate transcript. If you're thinking of doing something like Phoenix Online or whatever... that's a different story, as long as it wasn't a core class or science course I wouldn't worry about it.

In fact, if it was taken at a different institution and wasn't a core-class or pre-req I wouldn't even bother sending that transcript to AADSAS.

In fact, if it was taken at a different institution and wasn't a core-class or pre-req I wouldn't even bother sending that transcript to AADSAS.

You should always send all of your transcripts in...no matter what....

Good luck on your online courses!

You should always send all of your transcripts in...no matter what....

Good luck on your online courses!

There are programs to find all universities one has attended! I agree, 100% with this statement.

My school has online courses and on my transcript one cannot tell if the class has been online or lecture based. Online courses are prettty intesnse, a lot of writing.