Question regarding retakes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TriagePreMed

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I have the opportunity to do a few retakes. At my old school (quarter system) they were worth 4 units (2.7 semester units). At my current school the same class is 3 units (semester). When I replace the class, do I get 3 units or 2.7?

Thanks.

The four credits will count in your replacement.

The 3 unit class actually. It's whatever the retake value was. I had a similar situation. I took a 3 english semester hour class with a C and retook it at 5 quarter hours (3.3 semester hours) with an A. The 3.3 semester hour class with the A was counted in my GPA and in my prereq list. It's like the original class never happened in terms of GPA calculations and prereq lists.

The 3 unit class actually. It's whatever the retake value was. I had a similar situation. I took a 3 english semester hour class with a C and retook it at 5 quarter hours (3.3 semester hours) with an A. The 3.3 semester hour class with the A was counted in my GPA and in my prereq list. It's like the original class never happened in terms of GPA calculations and prereq lists.

My bad I thought the retake was 4 credits.