jkimu

10+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi all,

I have been reading all these DAT breakdowns people post, and I am getting so frustrated after reading the posts of people who scored like AA 22 23 24 ...

My question is was last year like this too? or is it just this year ?

I mean it seems like all SNDers have scored at least 22 recently..

lazybummy

5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
I believe it's like this every year. People who usually post their scores are the high end achievers haha. And by July.. most people who do go in to take the exam have studied a good solid 2 months. The scores do end up being higher. When i took my exam in the first week of June, my 21 was a 97% percentile.. now a 21 is only around a 93% percentile. Good luck to u!!

sfrice80

Blood, Sweat, and Beers
Jun 11, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Status
Dental Student
I believe it's like this every year. People who usually post their scores are the high end achievers haha. And by July.. most people who do go in to take the exam have studied a good solid 2 months. The scores do end up being higher. When i took my exam in the first week of June, my 21 was a 97% percentile.. now a 21 is only around a 93% percentile. Good luck to u!!

Yeah but did that person have the same identical exam as you? Those percentages are based on the people who took that exact test version, not all test versions combined. So a 21 might be a 95% on one test version and a 97% on another test version.

To answer the posters question, SDN is the cream of the crop, there is no question, just remember that the national averages are not consistent with SDN and if they were, 95% of people would be screwed!

lazybummy

5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Yeah but did that person have the same identical exam as you? Those percentages are based on the people who took that exact test version, not all test versions combined. So a 21 might be a 95% on one test version and a 97% on another test version.

To answer the posters question, SDN is the cream of the crop, there is no question, just remember that the national averages are not consistent with SDN and if they were, 95% of people would be screwed!
Just expressing the trend I've seen. The score of 21 in June was mostly in the 96-97 percentile.. and now a score of 23 is a 97 percentile. Percentile goes by test version and period that it was given.. or at least that i've been told. All I've done is read up people's amazing score the past 2 months.. haven't seen any1 else who took the same version as i did tho.. weird. Don't worry too much about what other people are scoring, just focus on doing your best! :thumbup: