Question, Two types of Osteopathic internship allentown

Started by mzztiffany
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mzztiffany

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are two types of curriculums for osteopathic internships I've stumbled upon. I am going for an advanced spot in PM&R, which means I need an internship year elsewhere. Anyway, one type of traditional rotating internship has 6 months of IM (includes ICU) and the other has 2 months IM (no ICU), peds and ob/gyn, the rest seems to be the same btw the two internships.

My question is not whether I should do one or the other.

I want to know does it matter to programs if I do one or the other if I go into PM&R? Can I still sit for the PM&R boards? Will it count as my internship year regardless. I do not want to repeat my internship year just because of the difference in curriculum.

On a side note, does anyone know if the osteopathic internship at St. Luke's in Allentown, PA is good?

Thanks for the info in advance!
 
Last edited:
Either program will suffice. All PM&R programs accept the TRI year. To satisfy the first year PM&R requirements you need 6 months of "clinical fundamentals". This can be any combination of IM, surgery, peds, OB, FM, or EM. There is no formal ICU requirement.

No comment on the individual programs.