question

Started by DocWannabe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DocWannabe

New Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is the first time I have posted to this forum, though I have enjoyed reading for quite some time. Anyway, if I take some of my prerequisites (such as chem I and II) in the summer, will this effect the way med schools look at my application? I ask because I will be a junior at the close of this semester, and I have not taken any of the required sciences yet. I figure I can get a jump on them if I get Chem I & II over with this summer and move on to Orgo, etc. in the Fall. But, I don't want to risk it if it will look bad. Thanks in advance.
 
Remember, you are presenting a package to the med schools. If you don't do well in any of your other pre-req courses but do well in the summer courses then that might raise some eyebrows. However, if you do well over the summer, in o-chem in the fall and subsequently on the MCATs, why would there be a problem? They are looking at the overall qualifications you present. Concentrate on presenting the appearance of a well rounded candidate. If you do that it shouldn't matter when you took your chem coursework. The only concern I would have is not how the med schools would see it but rather will you be able to really assimilate all that material in such a short period of time? BTW, I took Chem II over the summer and did fine in O-chem in the fall.
smile.gif