1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Question...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by brent25, Dec 5, 2005.

1. brent25

brent25 brent25

Pre-Dental
    11 schools have not gotten back to me. A few of them I know I won't even have a chance at (i.e. Harvard/UOP/UCONN). Here are my stats:

G.P.A. (Non-science)- 3.6
    G.P.A. (Science)- 3.2

DAT- AA/17 TS/18 PAT/19

Major: Anthropology

Residency: New York

Applications at: Buffalo, NYU, Stonybrook, UCONN, Harvard, UOP, BU, UPitt, Nova, Kentucky, Marquette.

All files have been under review since the beginning/mid-september range. Kentucky and Marquette have contacted me and said that I have passed the first round of rejections but aren't sure if they will grant me an interview or not. BU told me also on December 1st that I am still under review for an interview. I'm wondering if anyone knows someone that has gotten an interview with these similar stats at any of the schools I applied to. Are there other schools that I can apply to next cycle (if I don't make it this cycle) that are easier to get into? If I don't get in this year, I have a year set up for doing community service in Americorp. Is this a good way to strengthen my application? I know, so many questions, but so little answers...

2. DentalNerd

DentalNerd Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

ADEA publishes a Guide To Dental Schools where they post stats for each school. You can probably find it in your school library. This is a wonderful source of info to compare your stats with their entering class. You'll find some schools have very high DAT and GPA and they are only increasing as Dental School seats become more competitive to earn.

Here's a link to a old thread that includes a PDF of the stats....

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=242507