Question

Started by cm382
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cm382

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im a an American 4th year FMG that is planning on matching for the 2009 match. All my clinic experience has been in the states and have completed my step 1 and 2 with scores of 244/99 and 247/99 respectively. I have just finished my anesthesiology rotation and recieved 2 letters of recommendation from anesthesiologist. I know this feild is becoming increasingly competative and I will have my ERAS application in by sept 1st, but was wondering what are the chances of a a FMG in my situation recieving a spot in anesthesiology?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The only way to really know is to apply, and I'd suggest applying broadly. I'm at a good program, and we're more interested in getting good people than where they went to med school. That said, you're going to face more challenges than a US grad with the same scores. Apply broadly, and good luck.
 
Im a an American 4th year FMG that is planning on matching for the 2009 match. All my clinic experience has been in the states and have completed my step 1 and 2 with scores of 244/99 and 247/99 respectively. I have just finished my anesthesiology rotation and recieved 2 letters of recommendation from anesthesiologist. I know this feild is becoming increasingly competative and I will have my ERAS application in by sept 1st, but was wondering what are the chances of a a FMG in my situation recieving a spot in anesthesiology?

If you play your cards right you have an 83% chance.