cm382

10+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Im a an American 4th year FMG that is planning on matching for the 2009 match. All my clinic experience has been in the states and have completed my step 1 and 2 with scores of 244/99 and 247/99 respectively. I have just finished my anesthesiology rotation and recieved 2 letters of recommendation from anesthesiologist. I know this feild is becoming increasingly competative and I will have my ERAS application in by sept 1st, but was wondering what are the chances of a a FMG in my situation recieving a spot in anesthesiology?

2ndyear

15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2002
New England
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Great board scores, US rotations, and good letters will get you in. As long as you interview well you will not have a problem.

militarymd

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
you should have NO problems......even with me:)

bubalus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2004
Status
The only way to really know is to apply, and I'd suggest applying broadly. I'm at a good program, and we're more interested in getting good people than where they went to med school. That said, you're going to face more challenges than a US grad with the same scores. Apply broadly, and good luck.

Arch Guillotti

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2001
Status
Attending Physician
Im a an American 4th year FMG that is planning on matching for the 2009 match. All my clinic experience has been in the states and have completed my step 1 and 2 with scores of 244/99 and 247/99 respectively. I have just finished my anesthesiology rotation and recieved 2 letters of recommendation from anesthesiologist. I know this feild is becoming increasingly competative and I will have my ERAS application in by sept 1st, but was wondering what are the chances of a a FMG in my situation recieving a spot in anesthesiology?
If you play your cards right you have an 83% chance.