Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cm382

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im a an American 4th year FMG that is planning on matching for the 2009 match. All my clinic experience has been in the states and have completed my step 1 and 2 with scores of 244/99 and 247/99 respectively. I have just finished my anesthesiology rotation and recieved 2 letters of recommendation from anesthesiologist. I know this feild is becoming increasingly competative and I will have my ERAS application in by sept 1st, but was wondering what are the chances of a a FMG in my situation recieving a spot in anesthesiology?

Members don't see this ad.

Great board scores, US rotations, and good letters will get you in. As long as you interview well you will not have a problem.

you should have NO problems......even with me:)

Members don't see this ad :)
The only way to really know is to apply, and I'd suggest applying broadly. I'm at a good program, and we're more interested in getting good people than where they went to med school. That said, you're going to face more challenges than a US grad with the same scores. Apply broadly, and good luck.

Im a an American 4th year FMG that is planning on matching for the 2009 match. All my clinic experience has been in the states and have completed my step 1 and 2 with scores of 244/99 and 247/99 respectively. I have just finished my anesthesiology rotation and recieved 2 letters of recommendation from anesthesiologist. I know this feild is becoming increasingly competative and I will have my ERAS application in by sept 1st, but was wondering what are the chances of a a FMG in my situation recieving a spot in anesthesiology?

If you play your cards right you have an 83% chance.