Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZFlink

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think the most impressive EC's are to dental schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am an undergrad student and was curious, I have been showing since my senior year in high school and most dentist that I have shadowed live in the state that they went to dental school in. (ie. I live in Texas and most dentist went to Baylor, San An or Houston.) I was wondering if that is a big deal to say in the state that you go to dental school in? or is that just the case for Texas dentist?

You should edit your post, it's confusing. Still I think I understood what you were trying to say. You don't need to stay in the state you go to dental school in, I'm more then sure that if you went to a school in Texas you could still take boards to practice in any other state. The reason you notice this trend in Texas is because Texas schools only take Texas residents and those people tend to practice in Texas after graduating.

What do you think the most impressive EC's are to dental schools?

They love anything that involves healthcare and patient interaction ie dental assistant, CNA, etc

Leadership positions are great too clubs, greek life, teams...

Really you could do almost anything productive, they want to see that you have a life other than just studying all the time

Members don't see this ad :)
playing video games

seriously...LOL

become a national champion...in anything
shadow a number of dental professions
volunteer for an organization that you believe in -- long term of course
etc...

anything related to working with your hands, manual dexterity.

anything related to dental assisting/shadowing

anything related to leadership/volunteering