Questionable Procedures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, if I take my neighbors pit bull into a vet and ask to have it euth'd for anxiety (it is an anxiety wreck, and self mutilating to boot) and I produced a photo of myself with a tan pit bull (one of my surgery dogs) that looks similar enough that a photo wouldn't be obviously different, you would comply with my request? Have you read any of the legal cases in vet med on this yet? There are a fair number of them.

Now, if I contacted another vet, and they could provide me with a detailed history, that would be a different story. Still a risk, but at least then I have verified with a professional that has treated that dog (even better if the dog has a tatoo or microchip) and can provide documentation and evidence. In this case, the second would be CYA, but the first (photo) is questionable.

Yeah, you're right, I didn't think it through. I still stick with their bringing in sufficient past vet records though.

Members don't see this ad.