Questionable Procedures

Started by NStarz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, if I take my neighbors pit bull into a vet and ask to have it euth'd for anxiety (it is an anxiety wreck, and self mutilating to boot) and I produced a photo of myself with a tan pit bull (one of my surgery dogs) that looks similar enough that a photo wouldn't be obviously different, you would comply with my request? Have you read any of the legal cases in vet med on this yet? There are a fair number of them.

Now, if I contacted another vet, and they could provide me with a detailed history, that would be a different story. Still a risk, but at least then I have verified with a professional that has treated that dog (even better if the dog has a tatoo or microchip) and can provide documentation and evidence. In this case, the second would be CYA, but the first (photo) is questionable.

Yeah, you're right, I didn't think it through. I still stick with their bringing in sufficient past vet records though.