questions ab applying to vet school!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kristenmarie645

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I am currently a student at LSUS which has a pre-vet program that coincides with LSU Vet. Med school.

I was currently in community health and had family issues and had to withdraw a year ago and my GPA dropped incredibly low. I am starting back at LSUS in Spring 2011 in the pre-vet area. It is a 2 year program. Can i apply to vet school after those two years? Or do i need to complete a 4 year b.s. degree??? Although my GPA is low I am going to retake classes that are not A's or B's. and shoot for making straight A's.
I am also going to try to find a local veterinarian I can work or volunteer for, so I can gain experience.
Any other advice would be appreciated!!
Thank, Kristen Marie
 
it was a year ago this december.....well I never got to withdraw so I recieved a D or F in my first chemistry, algebra I,and medical terminology...didnt have the money to finish paying and that semester was not able to file for financial aid
🙁
 
Are you just planning on applying to lsusvm or other schools as well? Some schools do require a bachelors and the pre reqs vary between schools. I would definitely check into the schools you are thinking of to make sure you are fulfilling their pre reqs.