Questions about application form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sl2obel2ts

i like tomatoes
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I have 4 application questions. I called AADSAS but they are always busy!

1. I took a bioengineering graduate course as an undergrad, the title was "Advanced topic" but really, it was Stem Cell Biology. Should I put biology or other science?

2. I took another bioengineering class, which was "ethics for sciecnce and engineering majors" and listed under humanities, should I put other science or non-science? My guess is non-science.

3. I volunteered at a dental clinic as a chairside assistant. Does it go under extracurricular or dental-related section?

4. I have been working full time as a researcher at a dental school. I study in-vitro and clinical imaging of teeth. Does it go under Work-experience, Research experience or dental-related experieces?

thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

1. I took a bioengineering graduate course as an undergrad, the title was "Advanced topic" but really, it was Stem Cell Biology. Should I put biology or other science?

You can put it in biology if you'd like. Taken from the AADSAS FAQs:

“A student may take an upper-level psychology course such as "The Physiology of the Brain" that is heavily based in the biological sciences; that course can be counted as a BCP course, even though it was offered through the Department of Psychology, a "Non Science" department.” "

2. I took another bioengineering class, which was "ethics for sciecnce and engineering majors" and listed under humanities, should I put other science or non-science? My guess is non-science.

I would say non-science. It is an ethics course listed under humanities, and not an actual science course.

3. I volunteered at a dental clinic as a chairside assistant. Does it go under extracurricular or dental-related section?

Dental. You can’t get much more dental related than that experience.

4. I have been working full time as a researcher at a dental school. I study in-vitro and clinical imaging of teeth. Does it go under Work-experience, Research experience or dental-related experieces?

Since you said “I have been working full time as a researcher,” then I would say research.