Quantcast

Questions About Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBigTooth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Just graduated a week ago and finished my undergrad studies. 3.7 GPA and about 3.5 for science GPA. Applications open on June 16 according to their website. I haven't taken the DAT exam yet. I am already on a gap year schedule because I was unable to apply last year and don't want to take a 2nd gap year. Can i submit the application as soon as it opens and still take the DAT afterwards? I am thinking about studying started now so maybe taking the exam end of August or early September. Is that a possible schedule outline or would that be too late to take the DAT at this point?

scaramouche88

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can submit your application as soon as it opens up and take the DAT afterwards. I took my exam July 30th and turned in my application right after, but I felt stressed doing it this way. If I could do it over again, I would have turned in my application asap so I could focus all of my attention on the DAT. I don't know if schools are going to be more lenient with later test dates due to COVID, but I would try to take the DAT in July at the latest.

DrBigTooth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can submit your application as soon as it opens up and take the DAT afterwards. I took my exam July 30th and turned in my application right after, but I felt stressed doing it this way. If I could do it over again, I would have turned in my application asap so I could focus all of my attention on the DAT. I don't know if schools are going to be more lenient with later test dates due to COVID, but I would try to take the DAT in July at the latest.
Right now, I'm using a 3 month schedule and looking at end of august. I am going all out in studying so maybe if I feel ready I may do July.