Questions About Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBigTooth

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just graduated a week ago and finished my undergrad studies. 3.7 GPA and about 3.5 for science GPA. Applications open on June 16 according to their website. I haven't taken the DAT exam yet. I am already on a gap year schedule because I was unable to apply last year and don't want to take a 2nd gap year. Can i submit the application as soon as it opens and still take the DAT afterwards? I am thinking about studying started now so maybe taking the exam end of August or early September. Is that a possible schedule outline or would that be too late to take the DAT at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you can submit your application as soon as it opens up and take the DAT afterwards. I took my exam July 30th and turned in my application right after, but I felt stressed doing it this way. If I could do it over again, I would have turned in my application asap so I could focus all of my attention on the DAT. I don't know if schools are going to be more lenient with later test dates due to COVID, but I would try to take the DAT in July at the latest.

Yes, you can submit your application as soon as it opens up and take the DAT afterwards. I took my exam July 30th and turned in my application right after, but I felt stressed doing it this way. If I could do it over again, I would have turned in my application asap so I could focus all of my attention on the DAT. I don't know if schools are going to be more lenient with later test dates due to COVID, but I would try to take the DAT in July at the latest.
Right now, I'm using a 3 month schedule and looking at end of august. I am going all out in studying so maybe if I feel ready I may do July.