questions about applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmDstud

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I didnt think I needed to post something but I couldnt find any threads related to my situation and I feel like Im not the only in this boat....

I am trying to apply to pharmacy schools that dont require pcats and I cant tell if my pharmcas app (GPA calculation) will be completed by feb 1 / will this affect my admissions to schools. The schools I am applying to are MCPHS, South University, and Touro College.

What do you guys think the likelihood of getting an interview/acceptance?

The reason I am applying last min 1.avoiding pcat 2.doubts about pharmacy 3.applying to full time jobs (which I landed a full time position in a lab setting)

I am basically done with my pharmcas, waiting for my official transcript to be received and finishing my personal statement.

Stats:
biology major, chem minor -- GPA 3.4
pharmacy tech for 6+ years
some extracurricular and volunteer

thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

wow yr gpa is stellar. hey dont give up yet, my sister didnt do well on her pcat. so she applied like u . TRY apply LECOM in Fl or PA. My friends all had horrible horrible pcat but gpa like yrs 3.4-3.9 and they all got interviews in NOVA, PBA, LECOM all in Fl schools. Here in fl all these private schools take GPA more serioulsy than the PCAT. SO, just take the FEB pcat and do well or bad not really imp, but try yr best so you can get that pcat requirement out then apply. i have high pcat and 2.67 gpa and didnt get in any fl schools see?

their pcat i remember were 24-34 range so yeah but 3.4-3.9 gpa

if you do apply to LECOM like the previous poster said, then you wouldn't need to take the PCAT. I had my bachelor's when applying and they give you an exception! but if you're having doubts about going into it, then why waste your time and money? make sure it's definitely what you want to do!

Members don't see this ad :)
aw thanks for the info yowat!

Good to know thats theres another school glencoco lol I have been aiming to do pharmacy since high school and I'm currently taking a year off to really think about it. I have sparks of wanting to do pharmacy and then I dont want to do pharmacy due to saturation and working holidays,weekends and night shifts. :// ugh what is life!

jokersmiles- nothing really wrong...just a business. theres so many pharmacy schools now

update: requested offical transcript (1/4/16) pharmacy received it on (1/13/15) so theres hope!!