questions about grades...

Started by neensun
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

neensun

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

I just recently have been looking into optometry and i noticed in a lot of the schools, the requirement is a C in the prereqs. In a couple classes, I have received C-'s...is it still possible to apply?

Also, is it necessary to take the 2nd organic chem class? i hated ochem...

Thanks!
 
Hey everyone!

I just recently have been looking into optometry and i noticed in a lot of the schools, the requirement is a C in the prereqs. In a couple classes, I have received C-'s...is it still possible to apply?

Also, is it necessary to take the 2nd organic chem class? i hated ochem...

Thanks!

I was in the same situation. I had a C- in one quarter of O-chem but I was still accepted to SCCO, SUNY, and Berkeley. If I remember correctly, these schools don't consider + or - grades (i.e. a "B+" is like a "B"). Contact the schools you are applying to and ask how they deal with the C- to make sure.

The requirement of a 2nd O-chem class depends on the school...just check out their prereqs at the school's website. Here's a link to all of the schools: http://www.optstudent.com/links.html