Questions about joining the Air Force as a PT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hicart3

Reaction score
I know there are a few threads on here about being a PT in the military but my situation is a bit different. I am already a licensed PT (degree from UK) and have been working over 1.5 years in the US. I am a US citizen as well. I was wondering if anyone had updated information about if you need a DPT to join or not cuz ive read conflicting information on the Air Force websites. I know I would have to go to OTS. I am getting my t-DPT next summer (2019) so I can always wait. I dont think there is any student loan repayment programs currently either?

Is anyone currently working as a PT in the air force? What is your experience? Pros/cons?

Members don't see this ad.

I can probably put you in touch with an AF PT if you would like. For recruiting questions you're best off talking to an Air Force healthcare recruiter. As a former military recruiter I can tell you that the "rules" are constantly in flux. Even if someone on here spoke to a recruiter a year or even six months ago that info may no longer be current. The new fiscal year starts in Oct so even what info you get now may change. Rather than rely on secondhand info I would go straight to the source.