Questions about Match for Texans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorTexan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a question about prematch offers and Match. I received and kept 2 prematch offers in November, and I just submitted my Match ranking list last night. Do I have to email the school that I don't plan to attend to decline their offer, or Match takes care of that?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I have a question about prematch offers and Match. I received and kept 2 prematch offers in November, and I just submitted my Match ranking list last night. Do I have to email the school that I don't plan to attend to decline their offer, or Match takes care of that?

Thanks

TMDSAS says that you should have notified the school if you do not plan to attend. They know that, by nature of the match system, you are essentially turning one or more schools down if you hold multiple pre-matches.

I'm sure the school would be glad to have as much information as possible in preparing to accept new class (such as opening up your spot for someone else).

You don't HAVE to do anything, but it makes things move a lot faster for everyone else when a school knows that an accepted student isn't coming to their school.