Questions About Multiple Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMTDoc22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So at this point I have 2 (DO) acceptances this cycle. I still haven't fully decided on where I going yet, and I have turned in my deposits at both schools. I am still on a number of waitlists (MD and DO), so I am still waiting to see what happens with those before I make my final decision.

But I was wondering about a few things in the mean time.

1) I understand there is a May 15th deadline for MD students, where you have to decide on an MD school. Is there any such thing for DO students?

2) Both schools are asking for financial aid information (entrance counseling, Master Promissory Notes, etc). Is it okay to fill out all the information as if I am going to attend both schools?

I will give up the spot(s) as soon as I have enough info to make the decision, but it looks like with this cycle I may be waiting until June or July?

Members don't see this ad.

Most DO schools give you a date. For example, DMU is May 1st to pay your deposit otherwise they drop you. Congrats on the two acceptances. If you are going to wait until June, you are likely going to have to put down many deposits. You can do that, but they are not refundable. What schools and what are the deadlines. Stay on top of it because DO schools don't have anything like the May 15th thing. Some schools require a deposit within two weeks.

Edit: I see you understand then deposits. You are fine other than waiting until June or July is pretty d-baggy as someone is going to be waiting for your spot and letting them know in July is crappy when school starts in Aug. There aren't any rules against it though.

Last edited:
Fill out financial aid stuff! They use that to decide some scholarships - if one school offers you one it may make your decision between the two easier.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which 2 schools?

We'll chime in with our advice so you can get off the pot and let a poor waitlister in.

So at this point I have 2 (DO) acceptances this cycle. I still haven't fully decided on where I going yet, and I have turned in my deposits at both schools. I am still on a number of waitlists (MD and DO), so I am still waiting to see what happens with those before I make my final decision.

But I was wondering about a few things in the mean time.

1) I understand there is a May 15th deadline for MD students, where you have to decide on an MD school. Is there any such thing for DO students?

2) Both schools are asking for financial aid information (entrance counseling, Master Promissory Notes, etc). Is it okay to fill out all the information as if I am going to attend both schools?

I will give up the spot(s) as soon as I have enough info to make the decision, but it looks like with this cycle I may be waiting until June or July?

DOn't fill out the Master Promissory Note (MPN)...that is not required for the schools to give you a financial aid package. You should only sign this once you have decided on what school you are attending. You can wait till about 2 weeks before classes start to sign the MPN. It gives the school permission to distribute loan funds

Dude, this is a serious question for the financial aid department at one of the schools and not whoever barks loudest on SDN. They won't know (or care) who you are. Just level with them about your situation and get some free professional advice.

Reactions: 1 user