Questions about parents

Started by brody17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

brody17

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told that I do not have to answer questions about my parents since I am 24 (will be in February) and claim myself as a dependent. Can anyone verify this? FAFSA only states that you MUST answer questions if you answered "no" to all 7 bolded questions. I'm translating that it is my choice to include or not to include.

Also, my parents are divorced so if I did have to include information could I choose which parent?

Random questions...
 
brody17 said:
I was told that I do not have to answer questions about my parents since I am 24 (will be in February) and claim myself as a dependent. Can anyone verify this? FAFSA only states that you MUST answer questions if you answered "no" to all 7 bolded questions. I'm translating that it is my choice to include or not to include.

Also, my parents are divorced so if I did have to include information could I choose which parent?

Random questions...

If you have an undergraduate degree and are filling out the FAFSA for a graduate school, then you do not have to answer any questions about parents. Period.

I don't think age is relevant.