Questions about pco????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abeness8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got into PCO class of 2015!!! Very happy because i saw 3 other schools and PCO impressed me the most!

QUESTION 1: I live in California and i will be going to PCO... Do i need a car? I know the eye clinic is not on campus but rather a 15 min drive from campus. Its too cold to ride a bicycle...so should i lease a car for 3 years? sell my car here in cali and lease one at PCO? drive my car from cali to PCO? What to do about my car situation? ANy ideas????

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on ur acceptance! You must be really excited =) Working out all the details of moving is always a stress...

I'm not sure about PCO and the campus.. but I can speak for myself and some other optometry students. I'd say 95% of us brought our cars from different states. Only loaded students bought new cars for the move.. haha

Hey thanks! I head back from some other PCO students and i heard it worth taking up your car. So i will go ahead and do that too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on getting in! Do you mind posting or PMing me your stats? (GPA, OAT Scores, etc)

Congrats again :)

I applied really early! end of July!

Undergrad GPA 3.1
Graduate (masters degree) GPA 3.5

OAT: 320 overall

Just have to do the best you can.... get at least 300 in every section of OAT and apply early. Have people skills for interview and your set!

Good luck. I hope it helps!

grats on the acceptance.
i also got in and i'm currently looking for a vehicle. my thoughts are its either you drive or you carpool, which im sure many people wont mind.
some people like the independence of owning a car and not relying on others, to each their own.