Questions about Pre-Pharmacy school..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QChaos

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today, I found this forum and registered it with great honor. I've seen so many powerful seniors and potential siblings. Please forgive me, as a immigrant my English is so poor.:D

Please let me introduce myself first. I come from China and I'm in VA now. I graduated from a pharmaceutical unversity from China and almost all the prerequisite coursescourses( like Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Human Anatomy, Molecular Biology, etc.) I had studied. Unfortunately, for VCU(Virginia Commonwealth University) my credits may not be accepted.:( But I still applied a WES Evaluation Report on my bachelor degree in order to exempt some of the prerequisite coursescourses.:xf:

Now, I'm planing to go to NVCC(Northern Virginia Community College) to take pre-pharmacy. Is that OK to get credits in Community College?
I know because of waiting for my WES report I've missed regular admission to NVCC. But I found it will be a series of 8-weeks courses later(in October). Is that 8-weeks coursed acceptable for pharmacy school(especially for VCU)?

As a immigrant I'm very happy to accept your views and suggestions! :thumbup:
I hope you successful in application and I hope I can make friends with you!!!:thumbup::D:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome!!! Yes, most pharmacy schools accept Community college Prereq's,

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a person with all prereqs from a community college with straight A grades that got accepted at one of the best schools. And I know another person that took all prereqs at a university and did not get it and she got mostly B's. So it doesn't really matter as long as you keep good grades. And both were competing for the same school.
Go for it!

I know a person with all prereqs from a community college with straight A grades that got accepted at one of the best schools. And I know another person that took all prereqs at a university and did not get it and she got mostly B's. So it doesn't really matter as long as you keep good grades. And both were competing for the same school.
Go for it!
Indeed! Thank you for your straightforward comparison! I can't wait, just go for it as you say! But I still wonder that 8-weeks courses is acceptable?

Just look at the number of units the school you are applying to requires and the number of units your 8week course is. If it fulfills the number of units they require and then yes it should be acceptable. Or u can email the pharmacy school and ask if that class is okay

I get what you said, checking number-by-number of the perrequisites. Thanks, you are so nice! And I've emailed them, but there is no reply yet. Maybe I was ignored or they were busy..

Just look at the number of units the school you are applying to requires and the number of units your 8week course is. If it fulfills the number of units they require and then yes it should be acceptable. Or u can email the pharmacy school and ask if that class is okay

I got what you said, checking number-by-number of the perrequisites. Thanks, you are so nice! :laugh:And I've emailed them, but there is no reply yet. Maybe I was ignored or they were busy..:scared:

If they don't reply just give them a call. Or you can post your class name and unit number here with the requirements of the school u are applying to and someone here could help you. It's not hard :)

If they don't reply just give them a call. Or you can post your class name and unit number here with the requirements of the school u are applying to and someone here could help you. It's not hard :)

That's awesome! What a good idea! I'll have a try! :):)