TryToFlyHigh

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Sorry if this topic has been addressed before.

A couple questions for you guys, applying for PM&R
  1. How easy is it to schedule a prelim/TY interview at a an advanced program back to back or on the same day?

2. Do you have to check off these prelim/TY at those institutions on ERAS in order to be considered for those interviews?

3. Lets say I'm flying to New York for an interview, how easy is it to contact other New York programs I'm applying to to see if they'd be willing to schedule their interviews with me the same week so I won't have to fly back?
Thanks for the help!

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Sorry if this topic has been addressed before.

A couple questions for you guys, applying for PM&R
  1. How easy is it to schedule a prelim/TY interview at a an advanced program back to back or on the same day?

2. Do you have to check off these prelim/TY at those institutions on ERAS in order to be considered for those interviews?

3. Lets say I'm flying to New York for an interview, how easy is it to contact other New York programs I'm applying to to see if they'd be willing to schedule their interviews with me the same week so I won't have to fly back?
Thanks for the help!
1. Depends. Sometimes the prelim programs won't even ask for a separate interview. Or will just have you meet with one interviewer.
2. Depends. As an example, my old IM program has prelim spots, but ONLY for Neuro and anesthesia applicants. You need to check the box if you want to be considered. But if you don't match at that advanced program at the hospital, you can't match the prelim.
3. Easy. Just call/email and ask. Of course, it's better to schedule them yourself. But it's perfectly acceptable to contact a program you haven't heard from yet and say "hey, I'm going to be in town for another interview and would like to coordinate them if possible". The worst they can say is no.

OP
T

TryToFlyHigh

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2016
Status
Medical Student
1. Depends. Sometimes the prelim programs won't even ask for a separate interview. Or will just have you meet with one interviewer.
2. Depends. As an example, my old IM program has prelim spots, but ONLY for Neuro and anesthesia applicants. You need to check the box if you want to be considered. But if you don't match at that advanced program at the hospital, you can't match the prelim.
3. Easy. Just call/email and ask. Of course, it's better to schedule them yourself. But it's perfectly acceptable to contact a program you haven't heard from yet and say "hey, I'm going to be in town for another interview and would like to coordinate them if possible". The worst they can say is no.
Thanks for the information that's really helpful to know!

About the Ads