SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Questions about QBank and Question Sources

Discussion in 'Step I' started by cdql, May 16, 2007.

1. cdql

cdql 7+ Year Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Boston
    1) I'm currently using random, timed Qbank and getting around 50% scores (still in my 1st week of studying). I've sort of been glazing over the explanatory answers. Should I be reading these in-depth?

2) Is this all that's needed for prep? (in terms of practice questions)
    I plan on completing Qbank, completing the full-length exam that Kaplan provides, and completing the 150 questions that the NBME provides. But after that, I'm running out of ideas on where to find additional questions. Would those sources be enough? Or would you recommend more? (And what kind?)

Thanks for the help! Hope everyone makes it through these next 2 months! :p

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Long Dong

Long Dong My middle name is Duc. 10+ Year Member

Aug 8, 2004
    The Best Coast
    I recommend doing more. Some good sources are usmle world, robbins review of path, and Qbook.

4. doctorp82

doctorp82 Palpating preschoolers 2+ Year Member

Dec 22, 2006
    Buy a couple of the NBME assessments, too, to gauge how you are likely to perform on the real deal.

5. SkylineMD

SkylineMD Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2005
    yes you should be reading them in depth and maybe taking notes in FA to make sure you aren't too passive when reviewing. You may think you aren't learning much but trust me, if you keep this reviewing up, your scores will improve