Questions about secondary applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walden2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a question about secondary application invitation.
My amcas application was processed in beginning of July.
But, I got invitation for secondary application from half of the schools I requested my primary application to be sent.
My GPA is 3.81 and I got MCAT of 30M, so I do not think I got cut off based on number.
(the MCAT is not a great score, and I definitely did poor on the writing section but my understanding is that writing is not too important, and I have no other way but to just keep doing my best on app process....)

Now, my MCAT score was released about 3days ago. Is it why?

Also, another question is that one state medical school sent me a email saying they would not even review my application, and they mentioned something like I do not have a tie to that state.
Do state universities that you are not resident of do this often?

Thank you very much! I really appreciate anyone who takes a look at this post for his or her time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I have a question about secondary application invitation.
My amcas application was processed in beginning of July.
But, I got invitation for secondary application from half of the schools I requested my primary application to be sent.
My GPA is 3.81 and I got MCAT of 30M, so I do not think I got cut off based on number.
(the MCAT is not a great score, and I definitely did poor on the writing section but my understanding is that writing is not too important, and I have no other way but to just keep doing my best on app process....)

Now, my MCAT score was released about 3days ago. Is it why?

Also, another question is that one state medical school sent me a email saying they would not even review my application, and they mentioned something like I do not have a tie to that state.
Do state universities that you are not resident of do this often?

Thank you very much! I really appreciate anyone who takes a look at this post for his or her time.
it might take a while to get some of your secondaries, you probably didn't get "cut" by the schools you haven't received them from yet, it's just not always an automatic thing.

there are some state schools that are very specific about residency and state ties, so it's best to do some research on the school before you try and apply