Questions about specialty pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Litha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently work LTC and have an interview coming up for a Specialty Care Clinical Pharmacist. I'm hoping to get some insight on the position because the job description is quite vague. This position is at the corporate headquarters of this pharmacy company, not an actual pharmacy location. It sounds like it will be a lot of phone communication with patients, providers, nurses...rather than physical dispensing of medications.

Anyone work in a place like this? Care to share what you do day-to-day and have tips on how I can do well in this interview?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

A friend did a job similar and she said it was awful because they recorded/ micromanaged your phone calls

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I would hate that! Thanks for the insight, I will ask about this during the interview. I dislike being micromanaged.

Well, it depends upon your interest which job profile you would like to start with, without appearing in an interview at such place you cannot get an idea of your job roles and responsibilities. You can get information about their company more by contacting them personally.

Hello. Curious to follow up. Did you end up getting the job / how was the interview. I also have an interview for something similar and curious if the job is on the phone a lot being micromanaged. thank you