Questions about suite jacket for interviews

Started by jmcfa002
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jmcfa002

UCSF SoP c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1)I have an interview coming up that I'm flying to in the morning and flying back at night. Any advice how to wear/ bring my suit jacket? I'm trying to figure out the best way to avoid wrinkles.

2)I was stupid and left a pen in my pocket before I took it to the dry cleaners. I now have an ink stain a little smaller then a dime next to one of the buttons. The dry cleaners weren't sure if they could fix it. I don't really want to buy another jacket, would it be a big deal? Its not that noticeable, but it is there. Any suggestsions?

edit:Should be suit..oops
 
I'd probably hang it up in a garment bag if possible.

And I'd try to get the stain removed. Reminds me of that commercial with the talking stain.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure about the stain, but I have an interview this week too and I have to fly. I'm just going to put mine in a garment bag I have from my old uniforms and see if they will be nice and hang it on the plane.
 
Unfortunately, not all airlines have a coat hanger. If you're going to be staying at a hotel, you can hang your suit up in the bathroom while you take a hot shower to let the steam work out the wrinkles.
 
Unfortunately, not all airlines have a coat hanger. If you're going to be staying at a hotel, you can hang your suit up in the bathroom while you take a hot shower to let the steam work out the wrinkles.

Oh that makes sense... I am staying at a hotel so I can definitely try that since I don't want to burn it with an iron.

I've never flown Delta before in my life, but it was the only airline that had the dates and times that I needed... so hopefully they have a coat hanger, but that's good to know if not.
 
On a side note I recommend the permant silicon crease some stores offer for pants. I've worn my suit a lot and they've held up great.