Questions about suite jacket for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmcfa002

UCSF SoP c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1)I have an interview coming up that I'm flying to in the morning and flying back at night. Any advice how to wear/ bring my suit jacket? I'm trying to figure out the best way to avoid wrinkles.

2)I was stupid and left a pen in my pocket before I took it to the dry cleaners. I now have an ink stain a little smaller then a dime next to one of the buttons. The dry cleaners weren't sure if they could fix it. I don't really want to buy another jacket, would it be a big deal? Its not that noticeable, but it is there. Any suggestsions?

edit:Should be suit..oops

Members don't see this ad.

I'd probably hang it up in a garment bag if possible.

And I'd try to get the stain removed. Reminds me of that commercial with the talking stain.

Yea I just put it in the garment bag and it was considered a personal item when I boarded. They just hung it up with the coats.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you can try some hair spray and rubbing alcohol?

I'm not sure about the stain, but I have an interview this week too and I have to fly. I'm just going to put mine in a garment bag I have from my old uniforms and see if they will be nice and hang it on the plane.

Unfortunately, not all airlines have a coat hanger. If you're going to be staying at a hotel, you can hang your suit up in the bathroom while you take a hot shower to let the steam work out the wrinkles.

Unfortunately, not all airlines have a coat hanger. If you're going to be staying at a hotel, you can hang your suit up in the bathroom while you take a hot shower to let the steam work out the wrinkles.

Oh that makes sense... I am staying at a hotel so I can definitely try that since I don't want to burn it with an iron.

I've never flown Delta before in my life, but it was the only airline that had the dates and times that I needed... so hopefully they have a coat hanger, but that's good to know if not.

On a side note I recommend the permant silicon crease some stores offer for pants. I've worn my suit a lot and they've held up great.